Tuesday 9 July 2013

Descriptive writing - By Hope

The sound of my footsteps echoed along the abandoned cobblestoned lane. I felt the dark gloom of creeping shadows upon me sending shivers down my spine. A chilled wind danced around me whispering past my ears. The fog was as thick as a duvet surrounding me. blinding me.

I kept tripping over the occasional unturned cobblestone as the fog limited my eyesight. Creek, Creek, Creek went an old wooden door hanging of its rusty hinges, swaying in the wind. The strong smell of decay blocked my nose. Filling my mouth with a taste as sour as lemons.

A dim light in the distance caught my eye. I wearily walked towards it.

1 comment:

  1. You set the scene very well. I liked your use of similes e.g. "The fog was as thick as a duvet surrounding me" and "a taste as sour as lemons".

    ReplyDelete