Tuesday 9 July 2013

Epic - By Maia

I wandered down the dark and gloomy alleyway behind the local restaurant. The stench of week old onions and mushrooms lingered in the air. I quickened my pace as I was eager to escape the smell. A few minutes later I reached the end of the alleyway, and I was now in the open air. Up ahead I could see a Tall and narrow tunnel. I carried on walking towards the entrance.

I begun walking through the cobblestone tunnel, I put my arms out, running my hands along the mossy walls, my fingers feeling every groove and bump in the stone. It wasn’t a very long tunnel, within about 1 minute I had already reached the other side.

My feet hit the hard, ground surface, with every step.It was so quiet and lonely, that the sound echoed throughtout the town. I walked past all the abandoned stalls and houses. Then I walked up over a bridge where I saw a castle a few meters ahead. The ground was as dusty and dirty as the attic back home. To the right of the castle was a small waterfall that trickled down the rocks beneath it, as if it were dancing. I could hear the water from where I was standing a few metres away, the quiet splashes calmed me.

Shortly after, I found myself staring into the distance. Trying to spot all the sheep on the green hills. I look down and see the blue river below,

5 comments:

  1. Your starting sentence really pulled me in, Making me want to read more. ' I wandered down the dark and gloomy alleyway behind the local restaurant.' I wanted to find out what would happen next. I also lied all of the describing words you put in there. E.g small waterfall that trickled down the rocks beneath it, as if it were dancing, running my hands along the mossy walls.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is a very good piece of writing,I really liked how you set the scene eg dark and gloomy alleywayand the part when you said " dusty and dirty as the attic back home".

    Jack

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow Maia!! This is awesome, I loved reading every word! Awesome work girlfriend!!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Not meaning to toot your own horn at all maia.

      Delete
  4. Guten Tag! I really liked how you used similies in your writing. It gave the reader something to compare to so it easily painted a picture in my head. For example; 'The ground was as dusty and dirty as the attic back home'.

    ReplyDelete