Tuesday 9 July 2013

Epic Citadel - By Saumya

I walked carelessly, knowing that there was no one here to hear me.The odd lopsided cobblestone bricks made my feet sore. Silence had ruled the Citadel. I studied the ground. Footprints covered the ground. Some getting out of the Citadel some suddenly disappearing. I could tell this was recently as the footprints were extremely visible. A light southern breeze was gradually turning into a storm as the clouds got darker and darker. The Citadel would have been most amazingly rich if moss was gold. As I walked deeper into the Citadel the moss started conquering the ground. It was clambering places I never thought possible.

I started having doubts. How do I know that this place was completely relinquished? If it wasn’t then most likely it would be the cause that is staying here. What terror could possibly have driven this many people out of a Citadel. Sweat was pouring down my face like a light waterfall. Suddenly I was a lot more careful. I stealthily crept through the pathways. CREEEK. A shiver ran down my spine and at the same time I jumped backwards. I constrained myself to look at the gate. Then I saw what I feared to see a..

5 comments:

  1. Awesome work Saumya,
    I really liked the starting sentence because it made me want to read more, 'I walked carelessly, knowing that there was no one here to hear me.' You also used a lot of adjectives like: light southern breeze, The odd lopsided cobblestone bricks.

    ReplyDelete
  2. well done saumya
    I like how you wrote lots of description eg I constrained myself to look at the gate.

    Jack

    ReplyDelete
  3. Bonjour! I really liked how you used personification, it made me think the castle was run down and abandoned. An example of this is 'Silence had ruled the Citadel' and 'the moss started conquering the ground'. Jolly good job!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Well Done Saumya
    I liked how you ended the writing, it made me want to find out more. I also liked how you personified the footprints

    ReplyDelete
  5. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete