Wednesday 10 July 2013

The Epic Castle - William

The ancient cobblestone road was deserted as I trotted past boarded up shops and rotting markets. I looked ahead of me and I could see a dark damp creepy passage with vines crawling up the walls of it. The moss in each crack and dip in the road made the road more and more slippery as I trotted along carefully watching out for anything suspicious. I could feel the icy wind brush past my tired body.

I could still hear the screeches of the crows nesting in the top of the old house as they tried to keep their babies warm from the cold wind that swept past the castle.

I reached the passage and I could feel the danger of the passage below. I touched the walls of the passage it was damp,cold and the moss inside the cracks was falling of the walls as I got further into the passage. The dim light guided me along the damp passage as it got darker and darker. the creepy passage came to an end I headed back through the huge creepy maze out to find the sun gleaming into the abandoned stone city.

The wind had got warmer and the trees were swaying in the gentle wind as a bright red leaf fell to the ground and the crows were now scouting the castle.

4 comments:

  1. I really liked all of the adjectives in there. E.g The ancient cobblestone road was deserted as I trotted past boarded up shops and rotting markets, The dim light guided me along the damp passage.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really liked how you used "ancient cobblestone" and " trotted past.
    well done william


    Jack

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sup' dawg! I liked how you used interesting verbs to really promote the mood. For example: 'trotted', 'scouting', and 'swaying'. Big thumbs up!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I liked how you set the scene really well so that the reader had a clear picture of what everything looked like.
    Well Done William

    ReplyDelete