Tuesday 9 July 2013

Stone City - By Sarah

I stood in amazement as the golden sun set in the thunder dark sky while the black starry night reached over the stone carved city.The last call of the birds was heard and the screams of hawks pierced my ears while they gracefully glide in circles over the highest cobblestone tower where the last drops of sunlight lay.

The air danced in the gentle mist as a nearby autumn tree swayed in the soft wind. A bright orange leaf fell like a feather dashing to the ground. Green moss climbed up the roots of the tree as it moved harshly in the now strong but lush wind.

I crept slowly toward the stone brick castle as my shadow sneaked carefully behind me. My frozen feet skid against the curved twisted path. A low lit fire next to the buildings warmed my body but I was still as frightened as a frog in france. My heart skipped a beat as I wandered into a long dark hallway. Everything turned pitch black.

9 comments:

  1. Awesome I loved your writing as you put your creative juices in it. Nice use of language as it was sucking me in.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really liked how you used a lot of describing words like ' as the golden sun set in the thunder dark sky while the black starry night reached over the stone carved city'
    Also you used a lot of similes like ' but I was still as frightened as a frog in France'

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like how you set the scene. e.gI stood in amazement as the golden sun set in the thunder dark sky while the black starry night reached over the stone carved city

    ReplyDelete
  4. I like how you plenty of expression and used a few of the senses in your writing e.g ''My frozen feet skid against the curved twisted path.'' and ''The last call of the birds was heard and the screams of hawks pierced my ears''

    ReplyDelete
  5. I like how you did curved twisted path
    It was a very descriptive short story

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sarah! Your Story was awesome, I really liked it. You had great use of descreptive text and adjectives eg. 'The air danced in the gentle mist as a nearby autumn tree swayed in the soft wind. A bright orange leaf fell like a feather dashing to the ground. Green moss climbed up the roots of the tree as it moved harshly in the now strong but lush wind.' I loved that whole paragraph! Awesome work!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Kon'nichiwa! Loooved it girl! I liked how you used lots of language features- it painted an image into my mind. E.G: 'my shadow sneaked carefully behind me' and 'The air danced' and also ' I was still as frightened as a frog in france'. Awesome!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Every sentence was packed full of great vocabulary and description.
    Well Done Sarah

    ReplyDelete